Makeup can be super expensive, but some items are simply worth the extra buck. I like to splurge on products I use daily, like an awesome primer and foundation combo, concealer or mascara. I don’t spend as much on eyeliner or lip products — I actually swear by Maybelline’s Lash Stiletto liner and that Sephora cream lip stain! Check out my faves below and read on for a few beauty tips and tricks.
Bare Minerals SPF 15 Powder | Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara | Tartelette Tease Eyeshadow Palette | Maybelline Lash Stiletto Liquid Eyeliner | NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer | Makeup Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation | Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer | Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve | Essie Gel Couture Top Coat
I use these products on a daily or weekly basis, so I have a few user friendly tips to share with y’all:
- Always apply primer after SPF/moisturizer and before foundation/makeup.
- Apply primer all over your face, even your eyelids!
- Use a clean Q-tip to smudge off excess mascara around the eyes.
- Foundation smoothes on better when warm, so apply with your fingertips.
- A damp beauty blender is perfect for concealer application, though!
- For simple but defined eyes, I love the shade Whisper all over the lid and First Kiss in the crease (from Tartelette Tease).
- You can use the Essie Gel Couture Top Coat on top of any polish, not just the Essie Gel ones. I’ve been wearing it on top of Ballet Slippers, a soft nude pink.
- To make your lip color last even longer, apply foundation to your lips before applying the lip stain.
I hope that this info was helpful to you in some way or another! Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter for email updates or check out my social media for daily content. What are your holy grail beauty products?