I don’t know about you guys, but sometimes life has me feelin’ all types of ways… Meaning stress. Whether it’s graduating from college, looking for a job, being broke, starting a new job, going through a break-up or just plain getting stuck in the minutia of the day-to-day sh*t, we all get stressed about things sometimes. Today, I’ve got a few ideas to help you manage your stress, courtesy of Pink Detox!
- Drink water. It’s important to hit that 64 oz a day mark. Mix it up by adding a chamomile or peppermint tea bag to relax or focus. I also like Peach/Pear La Croix.
- Pet a dog. Or just be around one! Being around animals has been proven to be a mood-lifter.
- Read a book. Like, a really good book that you can’t put down. I find self-help or romantic comedy books to be the most relaxing, like Uninvited or literally any book by Sophie Kinsella.
- Do something creative. Fact: everyone is creative! You don’t have to be an artist to pick up a pencil and draw something. I’m also into adult coloring books (not as scandalous as it sounds) and painting if I have time to bust out a canvas.
- Light a candle. Or 3. I love having candles in my home and find scents like lavender, clean linen, and jasmine to be very relaxing. Just be careful not to light too many at once – I accidentally set the smoke alarm off last week for having four lit at one time (oops).
- Set 3 priorities for each day. This is something I wish I had learned earlier in life! Take the time to write down the three most important things you must do each day and make sure you complete them. Three isn’t too many to manage, but you’ll feel awesome after you complete them.
- Write in a journal. I’ve had a journal basically since I could write and I got called out in college for being “such an old soul” that I still journaled on pen and paper. What can I say? It’s incredibly relieving to write down everything you’re worried or angry about and it’s nice to have a fun spot to jot down random ideas.
- Clean your room. For those of you that absolutely hate chores, I promise this one will help you clear your mind and relax. See for yourself!
- Cook. Honestly, this one is a hit or miss for me in terms of managing my stress (I burnt my hand a few days ago making frozen risotto…) but I know it works for some people. Find a recipe you like and go to town.
- Take a bath! Whew, I knew y’all were waiting for this one. Enter, Pink Detox!
I’m definitely a bath connoisseur. I love bath bombs (#basic), Epsom salts, good ole Dr. Teals Lavender Soak from the grocery store and even essential oils that make the tub smell like a garden. You could say I was more than excited to hear from Pink Detox when they offered to send me one of their products to review… In the bathtub!
First off, Pink Detox is an American-made beauty line that uses pink Himalayan sea salt as well as other natural ingredients to help you naturally detox by healing your skin from within.
I know, what??
With no parabens or PEGS, Pink Detox is basically a bag of pink Himalayan sea salt and sweet almond oil that sucks the stress right out of your skin. Yep. You read that right.
And honestly, their packaging and marketing technique is pretty endearing. It’s all *pink* and they call their customer “babe” and all that cutesy stuff that Frank Body Scrub does, too. I think it works.
The instructions say to pour half of the mixture into the bath as you start running the water and to move around the salts once you get in the tub. This promotes bubbling (my fav) and helps the mixture dissolve.
Also, the lighting is a little weird in my bathroom so apologies for that! As you can see though, the bubbles started quite quickly and grew larger than I anticipated.
To be honest I wasn’t sure what to expect because I’ve used wimpy bath products before, but I actually really liked Pink Detox. The bath salt mixture dissolved super quickly into the water and smelled amazingly fresh. I’m not sure how much actual “detoxing” happened during this soak, but I can definitely say that I felt much more relaxed after – and my skin was 10 times softer, too.
A single pack of Pink Detox should last you 2-3 baths, depending on how much product you like to use per bath. It’s definitely on the higher end in terms of pricing with one bag at $18.95 (but there is free shipping). I would for sure recommend this to a friend who needs some serious de-stressing and I think it’d make a great gift.
I’d love for y’all to take my word on Pink Detox, but since I’d rather you decide for yourself, I’m hosting a G I V E A W A Y for a free double pack detox – that’s 4-6 baths! All you have to do is head over to my Instagram, @withlovesuz, to get all the deets and enter to win.
If you have any other ways you cope with stress, let me know in the comments because there are definitely more than 10 ways to de-stress – and I want to know about them!
*Thank you, Pink Detox, for sponsoring and collaborating with me on this post. All opinions are my own.